This recipe is a hit around the holiday season – serve at Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s and everything in between to make your winter warm and cozy!
- 1 quart apple cider
- 1 quart water
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 organic apples, cut in squares
- 1 bunch of organic white grapes, cut in half
- 2 organic oranges, sliced in squares (with peels)
- optional spices: allspice, nutmeg, cloves to taste
- and finally, optional spike with: whiskey or honey whiskey
- Combine all ingredients (except alcohol) in large pot, and bring to a boil.
- Bring to a slow simmer for about half hour.
- To serve, combine hot liquid with alcohol of choice, or keep it virgin for a delicious warming treat!